http: Forlorn Hope: Long time no see...

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Long time no see...

Wow. It has been FOREVER since I've blogged, and I know my loyal "hope"-sters are sitting around fuming that I haven't updated this site. Well, your patience is being rewarded. No, not with new art because I'm still that lousy. Instead, enjoy this video!



So, last year I had the opportunity to work on the 4th, and possibly BEST, season of "the Batman". It was an extremely satisfying endeavor. I know "the Batman" caught a lot of flack early on from BTAS loyalists (among whom I count myself a member), but in this season I felt a lot of the wrinkles plaguing the series became unwrinkled. Batman, for example, because of the desire to skew younger was not allowed to be the Batman we all know and love in the early seasons. He loved nachos and techno! But by teaming him with Batgirl and then Robin in the 4th season, the kids took over the chore of lightening the series and allowed Batman to pull back into the dark, the place where we all wanted him.
Combine that with top notch writing headed by the uber-talented Michael Jelenic, art direction by one of my favorite people in the world, Jeff Matsuda, as well as the great guiding hand of Michael Goguen, this season couldn't have been better. I mean, just look at who they got to direct...
The video above is one of the episodes I directed called "the Breakout". Basically "Assault on Precinct 13" starring Batgirl on Robin. I had a great time on this episode and the animation came out very nicely. There are some great scenes in this one, both of action and character. Hope you enjoy!
As for what I'm up to now, I'm sorry but that's a secret for another day. I promise, when the time comes I'll let you know. It IS a project I'm very excited about. I hope to update this blog soon, and yes, with actual artwork. The bug has bit, and I'm looking forward to keep this going.

4 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, Blogger samacleod said...

I really did enjoy it! I liked the part when he says, "You're my new number one!" Great work man, nice to see you posting again.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger potato farm girl said...

So I finally come to this blog after four long years, and the video above has been removed. There is a conspiracy against you Youngberg! AHHHHHH!!!!
Mwa ha ha ha ha!!!

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger EKG! said...

dude you're alive! how's life brotha? keep the posts coming.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger f*bomb. said...

I used to rush home after school to catch the new animated Batman. That was in high school sooo...what? '93?
He's looking good...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home