http: Forlorn Hope: Art!! To dump on you!!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Art!! To dump on you!!

I finally hooked up my scanner. (hey matt! you suck!)
Thanks...(we mean...horray!)
Sure you do. Anyway, here's some sketches I thought you kids might like. Lets start with...



This was the first thing I drew when I heard the crew I was on was going to be doing the Mumbo/Titanimals episode, directed by Ben Jones. If you've seen the episode you know that my drawing had no impact on the character designers whatsoever.
They're so full of themselves.

Here's another...



...From the prom episode.
In 2004 Glen Murakami and the gang at titans gave me my first shot at directing, which I'm very grateful for. The job was to direct a short "webisode" for the Post Cereal, where the titans take on a whole new villain. Punk Rocket. These were various passes i took on the character before Glen and I settled on the final design.






Well, that's enough for now. More to come!

10 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger chris chua said...

These are fun, Matt! I especially like the rocker playing the guitar!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger EKG! said...

awesome matt! glad to see some drawings posted. i like the super deformed style (1st sketch). make them into toys bro.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger potato farm girl said...

YAH!! Punk Rocket! Take it to 11!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Jay D Smith said...

wow, great pics! love the poses!

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Hackney said...

yay! Titanimals rule! I also adore your PRocket sketches. Awesome work there. As well as the chibi robin in the tux. Though I'm going to have to say that the Cybear is just too cute... I would so take him home if I could.

Great blog.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Youngberg! said...

Thanks everyone! It's nice to see some unfamiliar faces around here, hope i don't disappoint. I'm not worried about those i know, i've been disappointing them for years...

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Alicia "Kaden" Hackney said...

nothing disappointing so far :)

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Lucy said...

aww, hyper-cute.
I love the Robin one from date with destiny!

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous R. Wayne said...

Ah, gotta love the Titanimals doodle. That episode was pretty bizarre, and I sure do love bizarre stuff.

Never did get to see the webisode with Punk Rocket, though I did see him cameo in the end of the last season. Just curious: Were any of the concepts inspired by Jamie Hewlett's art? I hope I spelled that correctly. The last few concepts for him look kinda Gorillaz-esque.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Youngberg! said...

I'd like to say that they were...but to be honest his influence is so pervasive now, that it's hard not to be influenced by him:) We definitely had a lot of love for Hewlett over on the titans crew. So i mixed that and our own style with photos of punk rock gods from the 80's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home